Did you know that you have access to over 100 digital magazines with your library card? At the Smart Store, you’re automatically subscribed to an online newsstand called Zinio. Download unlimited magazines on your computer or mobile device within this collection and keep them with no due dates! These digital copies are exactly like their paper versions with the added bonus of hyperlinked, interactive features. Continue reading for step-by-step instructions to begin your digital magazines experience.
Necessary Items: Device with Internet connection, an active Stark County District Library card, an SCDL Authenticated Account through RBdigital Gateway, and a Zinio account.
- Go to: www.rbdigital.com/starkcountyoh and click on the image for digital magazines.
- In the top right corner of the site, click the Log in link. (If you do not already have an account, click Create New Account, and proceed to enter your email and password information).
- Browse the library’s available magazines by using the search bar at the top left of the homepage, or by using the drop-down box to search by genre. You can also browse by clicking through the pages 1-7 of the collection.
- To check out a magazine, simply click on the image or its title link underneath.
- A detailed description of the item will appear. Click Checkout.
- A confirmation box will appear. To check out more magazines, click Keep Browsing. Otherwise, click Start Reading to checkout.
- A second window will open to zinio.com. If you are new to Zinio, you will need to create a free account. This is separate from your library authenticated account with rbdigital, and it is required for you to view magazines online or through mobile apps. (NOTE: Use the same account and password information as your library authenticated account above). Sign in to Zinio.com.
- Now that you have created an account with Zinio, the magazines you check out can be read directly from your computer or through the zinio app on certain mobile devices. From Your Library, click the magazine cover to open.
- If using a computer-based browser to read your magazines, a second screen will open with your magazine listed. If using a mobile device, exit your browser and open the zinio application.
- To check out more magazines, go back to your library authenticated account at www.rbdigital.com/starkcountyoh and click on the images/links of the titles you want to check out. Each title will now open in your Zinio library. You can check out unlimited magazines and keep them as long as you like. The digital copies are exactly like their paper versions with the added bonus of hyperlinked, interactive features!
Please contact the SCDL location nearest you if you have any questions about Zinio.