Renewing a digital book is a little different from renewing a physical book through the library. It’s not hard to renew a digital book, though. But there are a couple of things you need to remember. The Renew option becomes available 3 days before a book is due. As long as there are no holds on the book, it can be checked out again. If it isn’t available, the book can be placed on hold and you will receive a notice when it becomes available for you to checkout again.
These simple directions will help to Renew titles.
1. Sign into your Account on your OverDrive app, or on Ohio Digital Library
2. Now go to your Ohio Digital Library Account. This will be in the top, right corner and will say Account.
3. Locate the item you would like to renew in your Checkout area of your account.
NOTE: If it’s before the 3 day time frame to renew, the renewal option will not appear.
4. Now select the Renew link next to the title you’d like to renew.
5. Enter and confirm your email address in the renewal form, then select Renew.
6. Once you renew a title, you will see a check mark and the word Renewed next to that title on your Checkouts page.
Look for more helpful suggestions throughout the year.