Apple has created 3 great ways to Multi task using an Ipad. Single-use tasking was always a drawback with the Ipad, except for music apps like Pandora. Now, with the new iOS 9 and 10 update, multi tasking is available. Lifewire.com has a great article on Multitasking with the Ipad.
There are 3 ways to multitask on an iPad that came with the new iOS 9 update. The multitasking views are only available on newer iPads. These views are: Slide Over, Split View, and Picture in Picture.
To turn Multitasking features on or off, go to Settings > General > Multitasking
- Slide Over View allows you to launch apps from a right column on the iPad’s screen. This lets you interact with a second app without leaving the app you’re currently using. You can quickly check your text messages, respond to emails, or create a note.
- Split View splits the screen in half and allows 2 apps on the screen. While slide-over lets you briefly interact with an app and then hide it, split-view allows you to use two apps alongside one another at the same time. Currently, you will need an iPad Air 2 to use this feature.
- Picture in Picture allows the user to watch a video and use another app at the same time, similar to the TV’s Picture in a picture mode.
*To use any of these multi-tasking tools, an app(s) must be opened.
I have a lot of email accounts. For a long time, I found myself going through these accounts one by one. This takes a lot of time. Then, by accident, I found out that I could add all of my email accounts into one account through “Gmail.” I felt like celebrating. Then, I had to figure out how to do this. It wasn’t as hard as I thought it would be.
- Open the Gmail account you want to import from.
- At the top right corner, click on the gear
- Select Settings from the drop down menu
- Then, select the forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
- In the “POP Download” section, select Enable POP for all mail.
- At the bottom of the page, click Save Changes.
- Then, go to Accounts and Import tab.
- Go down to Check mail from other accounts, and select Add a POP3 mail account you own.
- It will ask for the email address.
- Then, you will be asked for your password for that email account.
Click, Add account.
Just follow steps 7-10 for every account that you want added.
***Using Gmail Settings allows users to import contacts, filter and block users, and lets the user access to their account information
With the recent release of Apple’s iOS 10.3 version, you may discover that you can no longer play previously downloaded content. The following instructions will take you through the steps to correct this issue.
- Click here to delete your current download.
- Click here to re-download the title.
Still have questions? Request one of our Book an Expert Digital Assistants to book your 55 minute free appointment for digital materials and devices help.